The nursery is really starting to come together. It used to be our guest bedroom, but we decided to move the bedrooms around so now baby boy's room is the old guest room. We had a bunch of stuff to clean out of the closet, like Momma's wedding dress. Can't have that in little boy's room! Here is what his closet looks like now! With all of his little clothes that Mommy and Daddy just can't stand not to buy!
We have decided to go with a vintage sports theme for his room. We like the sports theme but we wanted to go more old school with the stuff in it.
First thing that we bought is the crib! I waited until I had a coupon and off we went to Babies R Us. 7 days later it was here! Jeremy had it put together in about 30 minutes.
I've been looking on Craigslist everyday to see if I can find a glider/ottoman for pretty cheap on there. Really there are a lot of things that I could buy on there but I must refrain! We finally decided on some bedding after going back and forth with what we wanted to do. Friday night we went to Babies R Us and found our bedding. Well it was more than we wanted to spend for something that we aren't going to use it all. So I resorted to looking on Craigslist for it. Well I haven't seen any bedding on there that I liked, and then Jeremy just happened to check it yesterday afternoon. He says "I found our bedding." And sure enough! There is the bedding that we wanted, with everything included, plus the clothes hamper and some wall decals too! So we emailed them as fast as we could and said "We'll take it!". We picked it up today and could not be happier! You can't even tell that it was used by someone! And that is why I love Craigslist!
We were at Pottery Barn a couple of weeks ago and found a sign that we just loved. Here it is hung up! And yes it has a light behind it! It looks so cool in there, and really goes with everything else we have.
We also put up 2 shelves from Ikea to put books and other things still undecided on!
But in the span of 2 days we went from not having a whole lot of stuff done in there to being a lot closer. We are going to put a chair rail up, and we are still deciding whether or not to paint. If we do paint though it will only be on the bottom half, under the chair rail. We are going to order the dresser this week, and we still need to find a glider/ottoman. Oh and we still need to buy a mattress for the bed too amongst everything else! :-)

1 comment:
I love it!!
Post a Comment