Well my due date was originally September 10, which would have been an awesome birthday for our little boy, but he had other plans. I started having contractions on my due date and those would end up lasting for 82 hours. Yes...82 hours. All contractions were at home, pretty consistently coming between 5-10 minutes apart the whole time. Once they started they never subsided. It was really rough and I thought they would never end and I thought he would never come, lol. After going to my doctor on Tuesday the 13th she finally said that she would induce me the next morning. Well around 3:00am on Wednesday morning I couldn't take the contractions anymore so we headed up to the hospital. We were already scheduled to be there at 6:00 for the induction so when we got there they went ahead and put me in a room, which made me so happy. From there things went pretty smoothly, and that was a blessing considering what I had been through for the last 3 and a half days. I got my epidural (the most amazing drug invention ever) and didn't feel another contraction. I was a happy girl once that kicked in. I got the epidural around 4:30am. Then Jeremy and I just chilled out and I tried to rest a little. My mom got there around 8:00am, Jeremy's mom came around 8:30am. The nurses were checking me throughout the morning to see how I was progressing and at about 10:40am my nurse said "oh it's time to have this baby." And man once she said that everything started moving SO fast!! She got on her little phone and was calling my doctor, calling the hospital staff to get a warming bucket in there for the baby and to get all the stuff for the delivery wheeled in there. It was such a whirlwind. Here came my doctor at about 10:50am...and after a very short delivery Cash Davis Gray was born at 11:01am. It was just amazing. That first cry is what you wait for as a mom, and when it came there was just this rush of relief and excitement and love. Then they cleaned him off just a bit and handed him to me. The best feeling of my whole life was the moment I held my little boy.
He weighed in at 6 lbs 3 oz and was 19 1/4 inches long. He was a little guy.
My first time to see him:
Just in awe of him :)
Our first family of 3 pic.
The next 2 days went by so fast...and so slow at the same time. By Friday we were all ready to go home.
Look at that face...he's beautiful. Even with the scratch above his lip from his little fingernail :)
Getting ready to go home!!
Happy Happy Mommy!
He is so little in his car seat.
It's so nice to finally be at home and getting into a routine. We are so in love with our handsome little boy and are very excited about life and what God has planned for us.

No comments:
Post a Comment