Since we started Cash on people food I went and bought all the stuff to start making our own baby food. I have been really excited to start doing this.
We bought some organic peas and zucchini to start out with. Then I headed to Babies R Us to find some covered ice cube trays (because apparently they don't sell those at Target or the grocery store). We bought a baby food cookbook the other day at Barnes and Noble so I was all set to make some baby food.
I steamed the veggies so I could keep as much of the nutrients in them as possible.
Then into the food processor they go after they were run under cold water.
Then we put them in the little trays we got and put them in the freezer!
It was a pretty easy process and SO worth it to know exactly what is going into my baby's food. I can't wait to add more food to his diet! We tried out the peas tonight and he wasn't so sure about those. He made a lot of funny faces but he finished them! So I guess he didn't dislike them too much :)

1 comment:
I make Olivia's food too! It concerned me when I saw that jar baby food was good for like a year or two! Imagine all the preservatives in that stuff!
Post a Comment